- So much for the notion that Obama (and Jarrett and Emanuel, who were also reported to be in on the meeting) would stay above the fray of Prairie State politics.
- Apparently Barack isn’t as down with his basketball buddy as he was back in ’06 when he cut that TV ad for Alexi. Rahm & crew can’t be happy with Giannoulias‘ Bright Star problems— and are likely privvy to the rumors I hear that more ugly headlines are likely. Could the White House be worried that Alexi is “Blagojevich all over again,” as someone speculated recently?
- Lisa running for Senate would brighten the futures of her father and the governor.
- Which will come first: Lisa’s decision, a state budget, or Aramis Ramirez‘s return to Wrigley?
- The incumbent junior Senator, Roland Buris, just learned that the Pentagon runs its own research labs.
- The city is potentially on the hook for another $500 million in Olympics funding.
- In the dog-bites-man department, Ron Huberman is looking to bring quantitative analysis to CPS.
- Richard Lindberg’s look at Big Mike McDonald looks to provide insight on our own times, alas.